1924: A Salmon Forest lookout report shows no improvements at this site. The lookout climbs trees to view the surrounding country.
1928: 60-foot steel tower (Kresek)
September 4, 1935: "Mr. and Mrs. Bert Mahoney and Pat have returned from the lookout at Ulysses and are glad to be at home again in the teacherage for the school term." (Recorder Herald)
July 12, 1951: "Mr. and Mrs. Donald R. Seifert, Kansas City, Kansas, are at the Ulysses lookout." (The Recorder-Herald)
September 20, 1951: "The Forest proposes to sell, donate, abandon or destroy on or after October 22, 1951, the following property found to be unservicable for Government use: 7 miles telephone line, No. 9 iron wire, grounded circuit, beginning at Ulysses Tower, approximately 5 miles North East of Indianola Ranger Station and continuing North for 7 miles to Indian Peak Lookout." (The Recorder Herald)
July 31, 1958: "One personnel change has been made since the first lookouts wedre sent to their stations early in June. Jim Parkinson replaced Steve Bradley at the Ulysses lookout in the Indianola district." (The Recorder Herald)
1965: The last season the lookout was regularly staffed.