June 24, 1934: "Report to forest service headquarters in Ogden relates that recently the Morehead mountain lookout station in the Payette national forest in Idaho was struck by lightning and demolished. It was a recently constructed station supplied with lightning protection. The lightning stroke came not as a direct hit but over telephone wires. Investigation disclosed that the lookout house cannot be salvaged, it was practically torn to pieces." (The Ogden Standard-Examiner)
1934: A new standard L-4 lookout house was erected. This station is located in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness.
2014: A Treasure Valley Back Country Horsemen crew removed the catwalk from the lookout as a part of the preservation of the structure in it's original configuration. Funding for the restoration came from grants provided to the TVBCH by the South West Idaho RAC and the Idaho Heritage Trust.
August 29, 2015: "Seven members of the Treasure Valley chapter of Back Country Horsemen (TVBCH), headed by member John Millington, painted the outside of Morehead Lookout and its storage shed. The BCH members also cleared much of the trail into the lookout. The group consisted of Theron Burgess (2015 TVBCH President), Gregg Burgess, Jill Nebeker, Ginger Thomas, Josette Beaumont, and John and Alice Millington." (Correspondence from Alice Millington)