June 12, 1956: "At Minidoka's temporary lookout station, Doyle Hale and Earl Burk, both Minidoka, will be in charge. A temporary lookout station with radio is located in town with the lookout at Red Hill nearby. The men will spend three hours each day at the Red Hill station, alternating the days." (Twin Falls Times News)
The NGS Data Sheet
DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950 (WRH) THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF A SMALL,SAGE BRUSH COVERED HILL AND AT THE RED HILL LOOKOUT HOUSE, ABOUT 15 MILES NORTHEAST OF RUPERT AND 2-1/2 MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF MINIDOKA.
TO REACH, FROM THE MINIDOKA PUBLIC SCHOOL IN MINIDOKA, GO EAST, ON MAIN TRAVELED ROAD 0.1 MILE TO FORKS. TAKE LEFT FORK, AND GO NORTH, ACROSS RAILROAD TRACKS 1.1 MILES RO FORKS AND CATTLE GUARD. TAKE RIGHT FORK AND PASS THROUGH CATTLE GUARD, AND GO EAST 0.05 MILE TO THE AZIMUTH MARK. CONTINUE EAST 1.35 MILES TO SIDE ROAD LEFT. TURN LEFT, AND GO NORTH 0.1 MILE TO HIGHEST POINT OF HILL AND THE STATION.