1934: A 6 x 6 foot log lookout cab constructed. (Kresek)
1951: The lookout site was abandoned. (Kresek)
1981: "This point was first manned in 1918 when Fitz Eagan was Fish Lake District Ranger. The men lived in a tent camp until a cabin started in 1921 was finished by Roy Canfield and Hugh Curry in 1922. Toiva Ranta and his crew also built a telephone line from Fish Lake to McConnell in 1922. When the Selway Forest was split up in 1935, McConnell Mtn. went to the Powell District, however the Fish Lake-McConnell telephone line was maintained by the Lochsa District until the mid 1950's as about half the seen area from McConnell was on the Lochsa." (Louis Hartig, 'Historic Facilities of the Lochsa Ranger District' - 1981)
July 2013: The lookout cab and associated buildings were destroyed in the California Point Fire.