1908: A tent camp was established with a ladder up a large rock with an alidade on top.
1913: A telephone line was built from the Selway River to the lookout point.
1914: A 30-foot ladder was built to a ledge in the rock, then holes were drilled in the rock face for a cable to hang onto to reach the top. Holes were also drilled to fasten down the alidade.
1921: A 30-foot round pole tower with a 7x7 cab was erected at a new location approximately one and a half miles south of the Rock. The original site was then abandoned.
1932: A 45-foot round pole tower with a L-6 cab replaced the earlier tower.
1950's: The lookout structure was destroyed.
1981: "In 1914, Al Peterson and Ed Gilroy were stationed at Sixty Two as smokechaser and lookout. Ed thought that it was the first regularly manned lookout point on the Fish Lake District. Big Rock was used as a lookout for a number of years, then a new tower called High Springs was built on 62 Ridge about 1 1/2 miles south of Sixty Two, which was then abandoned." (Louis Hartig, 'Historic Facilities of the Lochsa Ranger District' - 1981)