July 26, 1918: "The Salmon forest office has a crew of twenty field men now on the job of riding range and installing two new telephone lines. This is the largest force ever employed from the Salmon office. Wires will soon be stretched from Baldy mountain to Taylor mountain and from the mouth of Big creek to Long Tom and Blue Nose mountains. Carl Kriley and S.C. Scribner are at the head of these constructions crews." (The Idaho Recorder)
1920's: cabin and camp (Kresek)
1924: A Salmon Forest lookout report shows that this site had a 9x9 house and was listed as a primary lookout.
July 1, 1925: "Jim Fry has gone to Taylor mountain." (The Salmon Herald)
September 16, 1925: J.A. Fry is home again after an absence of two months as lookout on Taylor mountain." (Salmon Herald)