1938: A lookout was established atop a 100 foot Douglas fir that had been cut off at 50 feet. A 6x6 platform with railing was constructed for the observer. Access to the platform was by ladder and boards nailed to the tree trunk The alidade and radiowere located at the base of the tree, as was the 10 x 12 tent used as living quarters.
1942: The alidade and a telephone were installed on the platform. During the spring of this year nine miles of telephone line was built. Also, it is believed that this was the final year the lookout was staffed.