July 21, 1910: "The forest reserve telephone line is being extended up the Anderson Butte trail to the station on the summit of the butte. The new line branches off from the Elk City-Dixie line at the American river bridge. This line will eventually be extended to the foresters' quarters at the junction of the Selway and Locksaw." (The Grangeville Globe)
July 26, 1910: "William Simpson, a millman of Kellogg, has staked six claims on Anderson Butte, seven miles north of Elk City, where he recently discovered an immense body of copper ore. Miners from other parts of the district are prospecting, among them being 'Jack' Pritchard, a veteran, who has driven stakes on ground that gives promise of mineral riches. Some of the samples brought out by Simpson assayed $60 in copper under fire test, while one went as high as $200. Anderson Butte is surmounted by a forest rangers' station." (The Butte Daily Post) (Same story appears in the July 13th issue of The Missoulian)
September 15, 1910: "There are now twenty-five men at work building a trail from Anderson Butte to the mouth of Meadow creek. This is one of the most important trails in this section, as with a telephone station on the butte, it will be possible to get into communication with rangers on the Selway, and thus concentrate men in case of fire. District Ranger Porter is in charge of the men, with Dick Simes, the veteran trapper as guide." (Elk City Mining News)
May 25, 1911: "The forest rangers have gone to Anderson Butte, where they will establish a telephone and signal station." (Elk City Mining News)
September 25, 1924: "A. C. Campbell was in town (Elk City) Saturday for supplies for the crew that are building the new lookout tower on Anderson Butte." (Idaho County Free Press)
1927: A log cabin with cupola built on a secondary point a half mile southwest.
1953: A 53-foot type CT-2 treated timber tower with an L-4 cab erected.