May 2, 1913: “Preparations for the work on the Clarksfork road in township 25 north, which is to be done co-operatively by business men of Clarksfork and the forest service are being made by Forest Supervisor J.A. Fitzwater, and work will be started within the next 10 days. The road will be built from the south line of section 10. From this point a six-mile trail will be put into the Packsaddle divide. A telephone line connecting Sandpoint and Coeur d'Alene with Packsaddle lookout is to be strung at the same time. Forest Ranger VanDyke will have charge of the work.” (The Sanders County Ledger)
April 17, 1914: "There will be one of five lookout points on the Pend d'Oreille national forest locally known as Packsaddle. It is planned to have telephone communication completed by July 1." (Pend Oreille Review)
June 26, 1914: "A crew is putting up a new line from Packsaddle lookout to Bill Brown's road on Fall creek. This line will make it possible for the foot patrolman along the east side of Pend d'Oreille lake to keep in touch with the lookout men at Packsaddle." (Pend Oreille Review)
July 17, 1914: "The crew is putting up a new line from Packsaddle lookout to Bill Brown's road on Fall creek. This line will make it possible for the foot patrolman along the east side of Pend d'Oreille lake to keep in touch with the lookout men at Packsaddle." (Bonners Ferry Herald)
1915: camp (Kresek)
June 30,1916: "Lookout maps have been prepared by placing a contour map on a drawing board and then covering the same with shellac and varnish. The point corresponding to the exact location of the lookout is placed on these maps, and with this point as a center a circular protractor is fastened to the map which reads in degrees. This board is then oriented and placed placed on the corresponding peak and is used as a means of taking observations on fires." (Pend Oreille Review)
1925: A D-6 style cupola ground cabin erected.
1934: A 76-foot Aermotor steel tower with 7 by 7 cab erected.