1935: A L-4 standard lookout house was constructed.
September 14, 1938: "As everyone who is acquainted with the fire protection systems knows, practically all lookouts are faced with a scarcity of water. The usual system practiced by the lookouts is to hoist five gallon cans of water to their back (about 50) pounds and walk back to their peak which may be from one to four miles. Earl Crawford, lookout on the 9852 foot Greylock peak, once had to pack those cans a long distance, so decided to utilize nature. Last year on the north side of his peak he began excavating until he had a large hole. This year he came back to the peak to find it filled with a big snow drift. Until the last of August the snow drift produced an average of 35 gallons daily of excellent snow water. This year Crawford has continued the excavation until he is convinced that the drift next year will last all fire season. According to Don Crawford, fire dispatcher brother, this idea should be possible on a high percentage of lookouts." (Recorder Herald)
c.1939 - 40: After being used as a training lookout during the CCC era, the lookout was abandoned.